It's that time again! As promised, I am putting together this fall's Oct 17th 2009 Panoche Hills cleanup session.
Join me and several others doing volunteer work to keep OUR public lands clean and safe to use for all of us.
General game plan:
- 10AM - arrive at front gate, drive in, assess first spot.. if majorly bad, set up and commence cleanup work. If not, then drive in and tackle another spot.
- 12PM - lunch and recreation.
- Whenever - final cleanup and depart for home.
Some general points you should be aware of:
- The BLM has provided me with a sign in sheet for all volunteers, so please be prepared to sign your name with your address, phone #, and email address. For you paranoid folks, this is ONLY to be used by the BLM to show public interest in keeping our lands safe and clean. I've signed in prior, and nothing nefarious has been done.
- I will be prepping name tags on the spot for you to wear, to encourage and help members meet other members. Pretty much like last time.
- I am coordinating this event with the rangers, they may show up - I'll confirm this to be sure.
- Tannerite is welcome, as last time.
- If you are driving a non-off road type vehicle, proceed carefully in and around Panoche.. some of those potholes can be a real pain.
- Pack your own lunch, and there may be another BBQ set up as we did last time. BroncoBob can confirm this.
- You are responsible for your own supplies - plastic bags, tools, gloves, sunscreen, so please bring these to use. Same goes for shooting gear - eyes and ears are required.
- I will be taking a lot of photos of the event - if you prefer not to show up in the photos, consider taking along a mask or just ask that your pictures not be shown on Calguns.
Please take a moment to RSVP ahead of time (this thread is fine - better for me to keep track as to who will be there). This will allow me to get a sense of how large our group is, for cleanup coordination purposes.
- For those who have not yet been to Panoche, I will publish driving directions a bit later in the thread.
There will be a big focus on SAFETY first, FUN second. If you are planning to attend, please bear in mind that we will be running a safety conscious event and any unsafe behavior will be highly discouraged. Please, no illegally configured firearms, etc. This is not the place for you to be doing this nor do we want to hear about it.
Thanks all, and looking forward to this awesome trip.
Here's the attendee list so far (to be updated):
The above list represents positive replies as of 9/22. Some have said "ok" tentatively but I've marked that as a positive. If you cannot make it, please indicate as such and I'll remove your name from the list.