View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 8:20 AM

Default Virgin Build AK-47 Yugoslavian M70AB2 Stamped Receiver Yugo M70 AB2

*****Fixing/Building/putting together your own guns can/may cause serious harm, up-to and including death! That is a good reason why professional/qualified gunsmiths exist, make use of them. Also know all your laws, its amazingly easy to get into trouble with the CADOJ or even the BATFE. This thread of mine is for pure educational purposes. It is not my intention in anyway to get you to follow.*****

Virgin Kit = Parts that have never been assembled into a working firearm.

Here is a build for a Yugo Under-folder VIRGIN kit. For this build I have used a stamped/bent flat receiver. This rifle will be CA compliant, Detachable magazine capacity removed, fixed stock pinned open OR muzzle device attached so the OOL is 30" or greater.

For illustration purposes and the fact that I often forgot to take pictures, I will be using picture from other builds.

Features and regulations specific for California are NOT mentioned/listed, as i go along because it is also meant for some folks from other states.

Prerequisite: Meant for folks that have already completed a build or two from a de-milled kit. Have good mechanical skills, tools and pertaining knowledge.

I will be skipping over all (or most of) steps that one would go through (building and refinishing) while completing/building a de-milled kit. This means we will not be touching on Magazine fitting, mag catch and trigger guard riviting. Trunion fitting and rivitings, Painting/bluing or finishing the rifle (wood or metal). I have kept this build as simple as I possibly could, without the use of a mill or lathe!

This is the kit I will be completing... Bought back-in-the-day and it included the barrel, rivits and all.. everything but the receiver.

This kit will look like this when done.. I got the below photo from here http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.ph...&products_id=6 (not plugging them, I have no idea who they are, just used their photo so I thought I should list them..)
AGAIN this photo BELOW is NOT mine. Its from this web site. Yes the kit comes with FA parts that YOU/I discard/resell on GB.

Last edited by fredieusa; 05-12-2010 at 11:07 PM..