View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 11:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
Default My Cow Palace CG volunteer report.

What a day!

I needed to pick up ammo, and planning ahead I arrived at a time I considered to be "early."

Many others had the same idea and I found myself at the end of a long line for tickets, then at the end of a long line for entrance.

Got in, went directly to Miwall with a crowd that looked more like the race for westward expansion than a gunshow crowd, and proceeded to go through a one and a half hour scrum to get to the table, and then wait for the overworked Miwall worker to take and fill my order. Yikes! what an ordeal.

Went by the CGF booth to say hello, exited to take my ammo back to my office, and the line for tickets and entry was just as long as it had been at 8:00am.

Returned to the show for my volunteer shift, and just had a ball w/ DDT, DocSkinner, and BWiese. Got to meet Oaklander, and really enjoyed meeting all the Calgunners that took the time to stop by the booth and introduced themselves. What a cast of characters Calguns brings together!

Managed to keep descretionary funds in my pocket seeing an Enfield Jungle carbine walk by w/ a "For Sale" sign. Must.Stay.Strong.

Really looking forward to the June San Jose show, and I'm looking forward to more Calgunners coming out to introduce themselves and contribute to our community - everybody has something to contribute in our fight for our Second Amedment Rights, and the Calguns Foundation is one of the best vehicles for us to assert those rights.