View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 8:14 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Arrow 3/17 p.2 - Finland Finnish Mosin Nagant PEM Sniper Scope & Mount - $1730

SF Bay Area

Quote:
Finland Finnish Mosin Nagant PEM Sniper Scope & Mount - $1730 (alamo square / nopa)
Reply to: sale-wmsnt-1074423000@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-17, 8:08AM PDT

Up for your consideration is an original Finnish Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle M-39 SOV mount I obtained from a collector in Finland it has a Russian PEM scope that is dated 1937.
This scope and mount is in very good condition and will make a fantastic addition to the discerning collector who is lucky enough to add this extremely rare mount to his or her personal collection.

This scope and mount are in 95-98% condition and is one of the nicest of the handful I have seen in my life.

According to what I have read Finland still had 122 of these in storage in 1952 with most being sold to private collectors and given to museums in the 1970s and early 1980s.

This unit was obtained during this time period by the person I got this from and has been a part of a private collection until very recently.

This is NOT a reproduction Ukranian or Russian copy or clone PE or PEM mount as many are selling here on e bay, this IS a Finnish mount that Valmet made for the Finnish Army during WW II in what was called Jatkosota or The Continuation War which saw Finland fighting with the former Soviet Union until 1944.

It is marked with the Finnish Army SA stamp and the VKT or Valmet stamp it is different in a couple of noticeable ways compared to the Russian PE & PEM mounts.

The scope is in very good condition it shows only minor scratches and wear on only the body or scope tube, the lenses are crystal clear with no pits chipping or cracks.
These are among the rarest of sniper scope mounts ever produced during WW II with the total number being less than 200 ever being made from what I have been able to research which makes this more rare than the following wartime and post war sniper rifles (listed below) with their mounts & scopes all of which were produced in much greater numbers often in the tens of thousands:

Arisaka Type 97 & 99
1903A1 Springfield Unertl scope
1903A4 Springfield with the Redfield or Lyman scope
Swedish 41B Mauser with the Ajack scope
German K98K 98K ZF-41 LSR & ZF39 Ajack Kahles Zeiss Hella
K-43 ZF 4
L-42A1 Enfield
M 1 C Garand
M-1 D Garand
M 3 Carbine
Enfield No. IV MK T No32 MK III scope
SVT 40
91/30 PE
91/30 PEM
91/30 PU
SAFN 49
Remington M-40
M-21 Leatherwood ART II scope
Dragunov PSO 1

In all my years of buying & selling and collecting I have only seen a small few of these ultra rare scope and mounts these were either in the hands of private collectors or in a museum in Finland.

Do not miss out on your chance to own one of the rarest WW II sniper rifle scope and mounts made, if you are a collector you already know Finnish sniper scope and mounts seldom if ever turn up for sale in the USA as few are ever sold outside of Finland since collectors there tend to hang onto them or keep them within a small circle of fellow collectors.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1074423000
Sacramento

Quote:
spikes tactical lwr,lpk,collaps.stock - $500 (foothills)
Reply to: sale-zudtm-1079789074@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-17, 5:47PM PDT

for AR,AR15, Lower, .lwr prts. kit w/dogbone anti walk, and tactical collaps. stock w/ battery compatrment/railby CAA. ffl req.$500 916-847-4512

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1079789074

Last edited by obeygiant; 03-17-2009 at 8:15 PM.. Reason: add