View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 7:44 PM

Winchester 12 Ga. Model 1897 "D" Series, Solid Frame - $400 (Placerville/Pollock Pines)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-1055808465@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-01, 1:15PM PST

Here is a Winchester 12 Gauge Model 1897 exposed hammer pump shotgun. Stamped "D" series and Full choke. This is a solid frame model and shows plenty of " Patina ". Although it looks well used, the action is tight and feels good. No cracks in stock or pump. The only thing it needs besides a good cleaning (I didn't want to clean it cause I know some of you guys want to do that yourselves anyway) and the bead site. It hasn't been shot in some time but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot it after cleaning. I've just sent quite a few detailed pictures to a man who works with one of the popular gun websites, Gunbroker...I won't mention his name. Anyway, he knows a lot about these guns and he stated that although the gun looks well used, it should fetch between $350 & $400....and any Cowboy Action Shooter would be proud to had this to his or her arsenal. He also stated by researching the serial # that the gun was produced in December 1905 or January 1906. This model has the checkered butt plate and early style round knob pistol grip butt stock. I was told that the gun is still 100% original. There are some gouges on the outside of the barrel, sort of like vice grips or something...but hey, that just adds to it's patina. Again, the action is very nice. I believe the barrel is 28". The bore also looks to be in good condition. As I stated, this gun wasn't fired for many years as it had been in storage but we did run a couple shells through it to make sure it was operating as it should. If anyone is interested, I will be glad to email pics. Once you have contacted me we can go from there.

$400 OBO Trades?

Brian

530-6443547

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1055808465