View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 2:42 PM
No, I am not a Moderator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswp View Post
I would like to make a contribution, and have a question: Does the CGF charter state that all funds are to be expended solely within California? And spent solely by CGF, not handed to NRA or other entities on CGF's behalf?
We have not restricted ourselves to solely expenditures in California because it may make strategic sense to bring cases like commerce clause challenges in another circuit but against CA. What I can say is that we are restricted to advancing California issues. Another example of an out of state expenditure is an advertising/information campaign we're likely to run to educate out of state FFLs in how easy it is to comply with the silly CFLC thing.

Should we ever close up shop, the funds have to go to a tax exempt non-profit operated exclusively for the protection of the civil rights of firearms owners. There are no gaurantees about who that would be, but it will be quite a while before we decide there aren't significant enough California issues to deal with.

We're going to be working with SAF and NRA (and others) - but not for either of them.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon