View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 2:58 PM

Smile Learned the hard way while selling to an unprepared buyer. 2.5 Hour DROS :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NJO View Post
Got a question for the experts here...

Does the address on my CA ID and my car registration have to match? My ID shows the address of my parents house, before I moved. My car registration has the address of my current residence.

If they do have to match, how would I go about doing so since DMV does not send out a new ID just for an address change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
Honestly it depends on the shop you're doing the transfer at. I've been to a couple shops where they want both registration address to match DL address, and I've been to shops that only care about the registration address. The latter is more common I believe - as long as your registration has your current address you should be good to go for most shops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
I used my fishing license! Only state issue document with my current addy! CDL has old addy and car reg was in my wifes name. They took my CDL and fishing license as good enough. Hunting license was exp ...

EDIT: Actually not fishing license ... went to claim after 10 days and it was pointed out the document was not issued by the state (issued by Big5 as proxy for the state) so it doesn't count. Good thing I had my wifes car (which is actually registered in my name).
Hello. The main concern with addresses is that the government (local, state, federal) want to know where the firearm will be physically kept. This information is used in a wide array of databases. One, for example is when the police visits a residential address they are informed ahead of time if there are firearms expected on the premises. Ideally, it is for all of our safety.

The DMV vehicle registration is issued by the state and is needed if your address listed on your driver's license is NOT current (as in it will not be the address where the firearm will be physically kept.)

This is one of the reasons P.O. boxes or office addresses CANNOT be used to DROS a firearm because you will not be physically keeping your firearms there.

Good luck and be safe.

EAA Tanfoglio 9MM or 45