Thread: Deer Outfitter
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
I'm not excusing anyone elses behavior. Each person is responsible for how they choose to respond. But dont expect that everyone will fit into the same set of circumstances that you do, and may not be able to essentially making hunting the main focus of their life. That doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't be able to enjoy the sport on whatever level they are able. Which quite often is the role hunting guides and outfitter play. They bring the experience and field time that someone with a busy life or precluding circumstance dont allow them to aquire on their own. Nothing wrong with that.

How is what the OP was asking for/looking for any different than someone like YOU for example who despite being an accomplished hunter wants to go to say Canada or Alaska and hunt elk, or moose, or caribou? You gonna just hop on a plane and fly up there and start walking around in the woods? Should you be bashed as a poser because you dont months to spend in the area getting to know it, patterning the animals etc, etc? If you're a working family man and only have a week available to make such a trip what would you do? You'd prolly hire a local guide wouldn't you?

So why does this guy get ripped a new one for just looking for a place to get started?
If he get's hooked up with a good guide, you dont think he might start learning a few things?
Dispelling some of his incorrect notions perhaps?
You have to remember something here to. First of all, Getting a guide for deer is big bucks. The OP stated he can't afford one at current prices. With that said, are there others that are cheaper? YES! Why would a successful guide service charge less than market value if they are good at what they do though?

Keep in mind, I didn't learn how to hunt by reading the interwebs. I learned on my own by looking at maps, traveling to new places (blind) and getting out and hunting. (just like most people) I have never used a guide service. Except for hogs, i see no real need to use a guide service in this state.

The OP has stated several factors in regards to hunting. He states, he has no time to scout, he has had no success with large game, he can't afford the going rate for a guide, rejects the ability to walk into a National Forest and try on his own with the idea he probably won't be successful at first and maybe even first couple of years. His golf and motorcycling is more important, He thinks that his shooting ability alone will get him a large game animal but yet see again his inability to do so.

So what you have here is someone who wants ,wants wants but is not willing to act as an apprentice, can't afford to be taught by a good guide, and won't take the time to learn on his own. What am i missing here?

Oh, his solution is to shoot farm raised animals and then complain about how the animals were passive and the how the other animals he did not shoot didn't even move after he made a kill. What exactly did he expect from a hunt like that? Then come here on CGN with his complaint, and try to beg others to find out what he should do and how he can become a better hunter.