Thread: Deer Outfitter
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:29 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
EHH I tried to help the person and gave them good information but they just don't get it.

When you give someone straight, good, not sugar coated advice and they want to argue with you after they came here looking for answers... Really?

Not to mention that if you really look at their statements and how they respond, REALLY?

Read the the OP of the other thread and connect the dots. You might gain a better understanding.
I'm not excusing anyone elses behavior. Each person is responsible for how they choose to respond. But dont expect that everyone will fit into the same set of circumstances that you do, and may not be able to essentially making hunting the main focus of their life. That doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't be able to enjoy the sport on whatever level they are able. Which quite often is the role hunting guides and outfitter play. They bring the experience and field time that someone with a busy life or precluding circumstance dont allow them to aquire on their own. Nothing wrong with that.

How is what the OP was asking for/looking for any different than someone like YOU for example who despite being an accomplished hunter wants to go to say Canada or Alaska and hunt elk, or moose, or caribou? You gonna just hop on a plane and fly up there and start walking around in the woods? Should you be bashed as a poser because you dont months to spend in the area getting to know it, patterning the animals etc, etc? If you're a working family man and only have a week available to make such a trip what would you do? You'd prolly hire a local guide wouldn't you?

So why does this guy get ripped a new one for just looking for a place to get started?
If he get's hooked up with a good guide, you dont think he might start learning a few things?
Dispelling some of his incorrect notions perhaps?

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

Last edited by Untamed1972; 07-18-2013 at 10:39 AM..