View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericb760 View Post
First off, I have not shared any of my other political beliefs, so you have no idea where I stand on any of them. As this is predominently a 2A thread, I would prefer to keep it that way. And, I have answered the "question" several times. Apparently that answer is unacceptable being as how it keeps getting asked. So, here is my understanding of 2A : I believe that it was written with the individual soldier/citizen in mind. That said, any arms that can be safely operated and/or transported by one singular individual should be allowed. I also believe that those arms must be physically operated by the individual, and not placed in some area to go off at some later time. I believe that the citizenry should be at least as well armed as a paid soldier, but do not believe that anyone should have, or need, some level of WMD's. I also believe that their are classes of weapons that should be prohibited. Such as biological or radiological weapons including inhalants like mustard and nerve gasses, and weapons that fire unconventional ammunition like glass shards. I could go on, but I hope that this answers this seemingly gnawing question. If not, God knows that I tried.
Thanks for the explanation on where you stand. For me it is important to understand where you drew the line so the rest of what you say could be put into context. There are many progressives that say they believe in the 2a, but think that means 1 bolt action rifle (no handguns) and 25 rounds per household.
Also, I realize you were trying to keep your political beliefs out of the thread, but I am following your suggestion of engaging "progressives" to affect positive change, and just carried it past your initial stated goal. I realize, this is not the correct forum for that dialogue, but I figured I would poke at anyway. Enough said on it from me.