View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Now you are getting into the spirit of things! Think of this forum as 1 big 1A slugfest. As is the real world, one that is peopled with many divergent views, gun owners are no different with the exception that most gun owners are conservative and have been fighting the fight long before the internet came into being. On CGN, it runs the whole gambit with many gays, libertarians, and some unafraid progressives like yourself. Now if you understand this and not get butt hurt easily, then you will do fine.

Since you wanted a "progressive 2A thread" I'm interested in seeing what "progressives solutions" can be tabled. So far its "conservatives need to ask progressives out shooting". Which boggles my minds since conservatives/gun owners have been pilloried by progressives as "hill billy, red necked, racist, misogynist, homophobe, haters" in order to advance progressive ideology over the last 50 yrs. So what other "progressive solutions"? I can give you some. Progressive gun owners showing up at democrat functions and start working the crowd. Advance the same progressive gun owners up through the democrat ranks. Even perhaps telling other progressive that using name calling or "fixing your enemy" shouldn't be used when it comes to gun owners because "darn it, progressives love their guns too". Thats 3 for a start.
Originally, my thoughts for this thread were NOT 2A specific. Rather, I just thought that this being California, that there were probably at least a few progressive scurrying around. It kind of got hijacked by posters demanding that I prove that I am in support of the 2A, given that I am a self confessed liberal. You make some valid points. I regularly attend my local city council meetings but 2A issues have never been tabled so far as I know. My local elected officials are all Republican so I don't know if preaching to that choir is necessary. On the other hand, Feinstein, Boxer, and Pelosi are lost causes as far as 2A is concerned. I'll have to give some thought to how best I can contribute to the conversation on a local level. Thanks for the input.