View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Isosceles is considered superior by many (which is one of the reasons why is used by nearly all competitive shooters), but it really does come down to whichever one allows you to perform at your highest level.

Unfortunately, there are training schools that use production-line training techniques and still try to force their students into using only the Weaver stance.
The more I study and train, the less convinced I am that there is any "one true and holy" technique.

There are things that work well, things that work a little better in some cases, and stuff which is total crap.

IMHO, the complete defensive skill set consists of developing good default behaviors, which cover most of the bases, and then (if time/money/inclination allow) filling those in with other skills for specific circumstances.

Iso is probably the best overall default technique. IMHO that's where 80% of your training time belongs. Weaver and even CAR certainly "work", and have their places ... just not as general/default techniques.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE