View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:18 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
I'd submit that given the number of unregistered "assault" weapons in the 2001 registration, and the relatively insignificant number of felony charges related to those guns, the odds of being popped for an unregistered weapon are extremely low.

Not recommending registration or no registration, just an observation.

-hanko
and how many of those URAWs never see the light of day since the owners are not willing to take them out to a range and use them because they are illegal? That old Colt AR15 has been in the back of the closet for close to 25-years now. "I'm not going to register since they'll just confiscate it". Well, they haven't yet in 25-years, and you've just left a potential felony sit in the closet for all that time.

And yes, the odds are extremely low, but aren't zero. Bwiese has passed on info that many/most URAW arrests come from LE contact that brought the LEO to the house for for non-firearms-related issues.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.