Thread: San Bernardino
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:35 AM
CGSSA Associate

Originally Posted by tas237 View Post
Thanks Jay.

I've heard the 1 year residency requirement on two forums now. Sounds likely. I've also been told that approximate times are around 5 months so I'm probably looking at 1 1/2 years after a move...ugh. I suppose it's still better than many counties.

I'm having a hard time understanding the logic of the 3 firearm limit on the permit. Seems rather illogical. I'm guessing the reasoning has to do with familiarity of the platform?

One more question: If I bring in sidearms (10 rounds or less capacity) that aren't on the CA approved list, I've heard I can still carry these weapons once licensed & that the CA approved list only applies to what may be sold in the state of CA. Can anyone verify?
There isn't any restriction (as far as the law is concerned) with the number of guns you can carry. The application has room for 3, but it also says to "use additional pages if necessary". The restriction is put in place by the issuing agency for some reason. If you have any questions that you can't find a satisfactory answer to, Joyce over at the SBSO (909-387-3750) has been very helpful.
War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is......

Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.