View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 5:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmom View Post
Taking the 8 hour CCW class & test for an El Dorado County CCW next week and I'm a little nervous about the shooting portion of the test. Not actually "shooting" but hitting the target accurately in the approved time, since I haven't had a lot of practice time on my handgun (S&W .38 Bodyguard) and NONE single-handed. I've looked online to find out what will be required and the only post I can find is for another state. Does this look realistic for CA?

SHOOTING TEST

You must fire 2 shots “center mass” at the target from 3 yards. 1 or 2 hand grip in 3 seconds. Repeat 3 times?

You must fire 3 shots “center mass” at the target from 5 yards. 1 or 2 hands grip in 5 seconds Repeat 2 times?

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 7 yards. Using the two hand grip in 8 seconds!

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 7 yards. Using the strong hand grip in 10 seconds!

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 7 yards. Using the weak hand grip in 15 seconds!

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 10 yards. Using the two hand grip in 10 seconds!

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 15 yards. Using the two hand grip in 15 seconds!

You can only have 2 shots placed outside the point area to pass.
Please, don't make the mistake of physicing yourself out. I took CCWTrainers course earlier this month and it was a lot easier to qualify that you would think. Also, any good instructor is going to work with you to help you overcome any obstacles. Wes (CCWTrainer) is an excellent instructor. Have fun with this. You'll love it.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale