View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 9:51 AM

Default CCW shooting test

Taking the 8 hour CCW class & test for an El Dorado County CCW next week and I'm a little nervous about the shooting portion of the test. Not actually "shooting" but hitting the target accurately in the approved time, since I haven't had a lot of practice time on my handgun (S&W .38 Bodyguard) and NONE single-handed. I've looked online to find out what will be required and the only post I can find is for another state. Does this look realistic for CA?

SHOOTING TEST

You must fire 2 shots “center mass” at the target from 3 yards. 1 or 2 hand grip in 3 seconds. Repeat 3 times?

You must fire 3 shots “center mass” at the target from 5 yards. 1 or 2 hands grip in 5 seconds Repeat 2 times?

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 7 yards. Using the two hand grip in 8 seconds!

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 7 yards. Using the strong hand grip in 10 seconds!

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 7 yards. Using the weak hand grip in 15 seconds!

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 10 yards. Using the two hand grip in 10 seconds!

You must fire 6 shots “center mass” at the target from 15 yards. Using the two hand grip in 15 seconds!

You can only have 2 shots placed outside the point area to pass.