It's important to know when money will leave your pocket and at what points you may have your process denied.
1. Obtain interview appointment on Sac Sheriff website
2. Pick up application or obtain it on line
3. Fill out application, draft Good Cause statement, obtain proof of residency, worry about your background and childhood.
4. Wait for interview date.
5. Go to interview and turn in application, answer questions, turn in GC and proofs of residence indices. Pay $20.
6. Wait for SSD approval to move forward with LiveScan
(6a. Receive letter from SSD denying application. 30-day appeal period begins.)
7. Obtain live scan and pay $120. Prepare to wait.
8. Wait. While waiting, obtain training from any entity approved by SSD. Pay $120++.
10. Receive SSD clearance from LiveScan. (Much later than DOJ electronic completion). Letter will tell you to make final issuance appointment.
(10a. Receive letter from SSD denying application. 30-day appeal period begins.)
11. Make final appointment through SSD website.
13. Attend final appointment, sign license, read restrictions. Pay money ($80)
15. Receive license by certified mail.
16. Smile; buy Nachos.