View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 5:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldivinag View Post
silly question...

why cant your car be used? i mean if say the parking garage collapsed of your car, you are screwed if you keep your GHB in the car.

backed when i worked... sigh... at a pubic university up on a hill in hayward, i made so many plans on driving home. even if the hayward fault, which is less than half a mile from the center of campus broke, using my 4wd which then i had kinda setup as a rock crawler, which means i could go over certain "obstacles."

those who planned on abandoning their vehicles, what scenario were you looking at such that, your vehicle is still in tact and drivable but the roads have collapsed...?
I don't think anyone wants to abandon a vehicle.

However, looking at our east coast friends that have to deal with hurricane evacs, the roads almost always turn to parking lots.
Even around here, a small car wreck or even rush hour on the highway turns them into an unbearable parking lot. We are all expecting the same will be the case for a disaster.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL