Thread: Purchase rules
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 5:53 AM
Latebraker's Avatar
Latebraker Latebraker is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 237
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Purchase rules

edit: the title should read "transfer rules" but I think these apply to purchases as well

Recently, I had conflicting information from separate FFL'S concerning long gun private party transfer.

The first required me to provide Valid CA ID and Utility bill or DMV Reg. to complete paperwork. They would not complete the transaction w/o the second form of ID.

The next FFL said I didn't need the Utility bill or DMV reg because "that is for handguns only".

Who is correct?

Secondly, do I need a trigger lock for long guns when leaving the FFL location?
I thought this rule only applied to handguns.

If I do need a trigger lock, I can provide my own if the purchase receipt of said lock is within the past thirty days. Is this correct?


Last edited by Latebraker; 03-02-2013 at 5:59 AM..
Reply With Quote