View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
No one has ever died from having too much food or water or survival gear in the car but plenty have died from not having enough when they got stuck. If you find yourself a single day from home you can always take the extra food, batteries, chem-lights etc out of your pack and leave them and the extra water in the car but nothing is going to make water magically appear if you break down on a desert road, or food and warmth if you get stuck or snowed in, or general survival supplies if you're a 3-4 day walk from home due to distance, detours, or disaster related social unrest.
QFT! Well said.

If some people want to call me crazy becuase I have too much gear in the truck. That's fine by me. I've been called worse.

Better to have and not need than need and not have. <-- This seems to be my philosophy for many things these days.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL