View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 7:32 AM

I did not like guns just a few years ago......was afraid of them. I was really afraid of them in my husbands hands when my kids were young. Don't get me wrong, he isn't a violent guy, he has a heart of gold. But.....he is disorganized. I had five kids, three were curious boys. One was very curious and adventurous. If he could get hold of a gun, her would want to give it a try. We didn't have guns in the house. But, times are changing. We now feel the need to own and possibly carry in the future. So, I took a handgun safety class. I was the first to buy a handgun in the family. My daughter-in-law warned me (she is the one that married my adventurous son) that guns are like tattoos, you can't have just one. I didn't believe her........I do now.

Even though my kids are grown, We have a safe. Actually we have three different kinds of safes. One for easy access for handgun, one for easy access for the shotgun (shot locks are awesome) and a safe to hold everything else.

Times change and people change. So for me, it isn't a deal breaker. What is a deal breaker is when you marry someone who wants to change you or not let you be YOU. I don't want anyone who won't "allow" me to do what I want. You need to find someone who will discuss and compromise. I travel when my husband can't go with me, alone if I choose. My best friend is male, my husband isn't threatened by him and shouldn't be. I live my life with a great guy who lets me be me and have lived with him and loved him for 38 years. I am still me, good or bad, I am me. That is the only deal breaker for me.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown