View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smle-man View Post
Syrian contract Model 49 with grenade range sleeve and grenade sight. The range sleeve would have to be removed before shipping to CA.
Is removing just the ring sufficient? It seems to me it might remain a GL, just not one that can be aimed as intended - but it's still a functional GL. And there's the flash hider issue.

I modified the FH so a grenade can't be slipped over, lined the inside with a metal sleeve to obscure the holes on the device. I had the rear ranging flip up sight soldered in the down position so the gas system can't be used to launch a grenade, it's not visible. I think between eliminating the mounting of the grenade, eliminating the gas required to propel it and modifying the FH I'm fine. I think these changes, neither permanent nor visible, may keep the C & R status even though that's not my primary goal.

I think someone could make a few $$$ re-threading 30 caliber brakes for use on the MAS 49/56. Having a muzzle device that is clearly not a flash hider and prevents mounting of a grenade seems to me the best way to remove doubt as to legality in CA.

Last edited by dfletcher; 02-23-2013 at 11:01 PM..