View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
I met my wife when I was 27 and never gave much thought about her outlook on guns. I was too interested in wooing her at the time to care.

She bought me an UZI for my 28th birthday and it opened up a lot of dialogue about firearms. Seems she used to roam around on horseback in Colorado outside Aspen with her own Winchester and one time bagged a cat that kept stalking her. She also told me then, how she would always have a gun around if she had it her way.

At that time I owned a .357 and .25. Fast forward 30 years and we own over 30 firearms. She has her own .357, a couple shotguns and has pretty much taken ownership of my mini-14. She was a damn good shot before she started to get ill. (Lupus)

I got real lucky with my wife because she enjoys everything weve done over the years from traveling on my Harleys, to four-wheeling with the Jeep, the mountain vacations, photography, traveling, etc. She is always game and loves nature.

I would say to those out there that dont have a permanent relationship to make sure when you chose a partner, it goes beyond the physical. Common interests and breathing room are 2 things that made our relationship go a long way. I couldnt imagine making it 5 years with a person that you have nothing in common with. Lifes to short, you both need to be happy.

Do something you love with someone you love!
You two are lucky to have each other. Sounds like a loving happy life together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?