View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 9:00 AM

Im not an attorney...

With that being said, Here's my playbook

If God forbid you or I have to use our Firearm for self defense...When the cavalry arrives, Speak slowly, move even slower, Offer your Identification, CCW permit, and state, " I was in fear for my life" and watch the officer write that down in his little notebook. Then say, " I would like to speak to an attorney before I make any further statements. The end.

This includes the shooting of an intruder in my home. Rule #1 DON'T VOLUNTEER INFORMATION TO THE PD WHEN YOU ARE A INVOLVED IN A SHOOTING PRIOR TO CONSULTING WITH AN ATTORNEY.
If the PD try's to intimidate you and threaten you with arrest...so be it, keep your mouth shut!

oops, a little off topic, but relevant if found to have + 10 round mags in gun you own.
Aside from saying good morning to an officer in a coffee shop, speaking to them with out counsel present when the subject of an investigation of any kind is foolish.

Edit, I am not implying you remain a total mute, just keep explanation of possession of a + 10 mag succinct and polite. Know the laws regarding such to be able to speak intelligently about it.

Last edited by sjb269; 02-22-2013 at 9:12 AM.. Reason: add info