View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 6:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred1222 View Post
See, three gun and USPSA are two types or sports where the social aspect, as I see it, are not so firmly ingrained in the sport. Your squad, and the general attitude of the squad, can affect an entire game. I love the game I choose to compete in, and I don't like seeing its traditions and rules sullied by people who do not respect the game or others playing it. I, personally, am not white or old. I'm young (20), and wouldn't pass off as white to anyone who saw me. My wealth is not of issue. If being white, old, and rich are the standards for being part of the club, I can't imagine why me, or the other non-white guys are accepted so readily. I think you misunderstand my point. I do not seek conformation in the sense of the people's physical or socioeconomic attributes, but rather their attitude for the game. People who I choose to shoot with and who are part of the group that I participate in are friendly, respectful, safe, and the have a real love and understanding for the game. When I shoot with them, I grow as a shooter, learn more, laugh and have a great day playing what is, is my option, the best game on Gods green earth. I, however, strongly dislike when people show up with their guns that are not designed for the sport, (honestly, 20" home defense shotguns aren't skeet guns), who have no respect for those who play with them, and are generally unsafe. They are usually the shooters who think that they can do whatever they want and that they're the experts, and who consistently break the rules and even threaten violence when confronted for those violations. I, and those that I squad with, don't play with them, and let them play through their tokens while we have a few cigars and talk. Fitting in only happens when your attitude matches the group. Not the clothes, or the skin color.
Can we argue about guys that don't know how to use paragraphs

I joke, I joke

Listen guys, I don't make the rules restricting short barreled shotguns at most ranges. I'm just telling you the reason is, in the range owners experience some (most) of the guys that own them are unsafe and have the mind set that they are somehow going to show up the regulars.

As I've said before, that's not very likely to happen.

Show up, be safe, shoot a gun that meets the ranges requirements, and nobody will care.

Last edited by ysr_racer; 02-22-2013 at 4:44 PM..