View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 5:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Originally Posted by mac128k View Post
This is a big one for me. I work about 40 miles from home where my family is. I always keep my GHB with me.

I'm prepared to get home by foot over the course of a few days. I have the usual food, water and travel clothes. I have a GPS and map with direct and alternate routes. Basic shelter with rope and space blankets. Multi-tool, knife, fire, light, batteries, 2-meter radio, medical kit.

I have experimented with the contents and weight. It currently sits at 19 pounds which feels really heavy. Mostly due to the food and water (MRE and pouches). I plan to go to food bars which should help. The nice thing is that it will get lighter as I eat/drink

My biggest challenge will be crossing the bay. If the bridges are out, I could "borrow" a boat. Worst case is I would have to walk around the bay but I am pretty close to that end.

None of this would be fun but I am confident I could make it. I still have tweaks to make to my bag and plan but I feel it's a good start.
I bet there would be many ferries running as well as shuttles running as possible.
California the only state in the union where the idiot gun owners vote in anti gun politicians and wonder where their gun rights have gone.