View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM
JUICEBAG
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanan View Post
This sounds just like the arguments for prejudice used so many years ago. They don't have the same value system as us, it has nothing to do with the color of their skin, religion, sex, etc.

You are basically trying to exclude anyone from trying out a new shooting sport because they don't fit in. No wonder the clay sports are not getting many new members.

We really should be trying to encourage more people. We should not be telling them they can't participate because we don't like telescoping stocks. If they like clay sports, they will realize on their own that different equipment will help. But instead, you want them to spend tens of thousands of dollars on equipment before ever stepping onto a clay range. I don't know many people willing to do this before ever trying out an activity.

There is no reason for the gun grabbers to worry. This type of discrimination of I don't like your type of gun or firearm related activity will surely give them the ability to take our guns because if it isn't your type of gun, you believe the person owning is inferior.

Please take your old rich white guy ideas from the 19th century and crawl under a rock. Not everyone is old, rich, or white.

For what it's worth, the day I keep talking about(which was about three weeks ago) the regulars included one really old white guy, one middle aged black guy and one middle aged white guy.

My group was myself(30) my friend(27) his girlfriend(26) and then there was the Mossberg guy, he was probably 28-32. It was a pretty diverse group with shotguns ranging from 499 to whatever the black guy had...looked very expensive.