View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 AM
kemasa's Avatar
kemasa kemasa is offline
Calguns Addict
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 9,243
iTrader: 6 / 100%

Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
Just a guess but you should get a signed copy of his FFL before you ship.
Well, since there is not requirement that a FFL give a non-licensee a copy of their FFL and the BATF says to not give a copy of the FFL to a non-licensee, that is really not the case. You should check the status of the FFL on the BATF ezcheck web page (FFLs should also do that).

Your shipping (to the address on the FFL) documents should include make/model/ser# with a return receipt - that should be enough to show it's no longer in your possesion. It's legal for you to ship directly to an FFL and will save you $.
Retaining the shipping information is a good idea. Only the USPS has a return receipt and non-licensees can not ship a handgun USPS.

This is the CA DOJ which you can fill out showing that you no longer own it:
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote