Yayyy, Ms T !!
Welcome to the women's forum. Your thoughts and attitudes are right on, and I'm thrilled that you resist the idea that you can only shoot a small gun. We have plenty of five footers shooting .45 around here.
There's a Second Tuesday group shooting in San Jose that is focused on newbies and women in particular. I'll update this post with the link tonight.
Again, welcome, we're glad you're here, we're glad you're shooting and enjoying it.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY
• Do only safe sex. Never have sex with someone crazier than you are.
• Don't marry or move in together before you're both at least 25.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.