View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 6:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scidx View Post
Not to pry, but...

You might not be too observant if you thought selling a lower, as an 80% configuration, is illegal. You may not be that "savy" on the CA penal code, either.

Never assume your first guess is the right one when you have unlimited access to the source document. Its not shameful to look it up again and again.

The crusade here on Calguns involves proper understanding of CA law regarding firearms (also, proper understanding of mozzarella sticks being served with marinara). Too often, online warriors push their own understanding without simply checking for themselves.
Ok, I am aware that you can buy or sell an 80% lower the way it is because it is not considered a firearm in it's state. I am aware that you can complete the milling of an 80% and build for YOURSELF without any further legality procedures. I am aware that this is legal as long as you dont intend to sell without taking the proper steps.

However I am NOT aware that one could mill, finish, and COMPLETE an 80% lower and sell it without being stamped.(sell as a complete stripped lower) If I'm wrong about that, than I have learned something new. That's why there was a question mark behind it in the OP. That's what I have said. But it's still not the point of my thread.

But like I said, I really don't give a damn. This is just in defense for myself.

Last edited by Jason25; 02-11-2013 at 7:16 AM..