View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenson View Post
What ever boot you decide, break it in B4 you go on the trip. Boots can fit just fine when you try them on the 1st time, but put a few yards on them can make for a miserable trip.

This^^ The last thing you want in a hike is a big blister on your feet, specially if you wanna impress a girl. Break in the boots really good.

As far as recommendation my suggestion based on my experience would be:

1. Columbia hiking boots. I forgot the model, but I got it from Big 5. Yeah, it's not a 150 dollar boots but I've hiked the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Sequoia NP, Kings Canyon NF, and countless hiking trails in California. It is also my "tactical" boots when I wanna go run and shoot guns. held up pretty well, I've had it for 6 years and it's still going.

2. Military Boot. The ones I have are the USMC issued. What can I say more? They're issued to the troops and was used in all kinds of theater. Mine went through training, deployments, and many humps(hikes) and it's still being used today. It may take some getting used to because it's different from the civilian hiking boots.