View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingCode3 View Post
I've owned multiple Glocks, XDs, Rugers, XDMs, M&Ps, and Walthers.

All of these guns are very well made. I didn’t care much for the Springfield XD or Ruger SR series. In my opinion, the top 3 striker fired pistols are Glock, M&P, and Walther PPQ. I like them all. Each has unique characteristics and none are perfect.

Glock- nice factory trigger - easy to work on, very cheap ($398 blue label) - huge aftermarket support. The Glock has a much lower bore axis too which means better recoil control. Cheap mags. It takes time to fall in love with the Glock platform. I used to hate them...Now I own 4 Glocks.

M&P---Great ergonomics . Accurate and reliable. Horrible trigger out of the box but I can live with that. Low bore axis.

PPQ---super accurate, great trigger. High bore axis. That causes lots of muzzle flip and slower follow up shots. Wather mags are EXPENSIVE and very hard to find.

I can shoot my Glocks and M&P much faster than the Walther PQQ due to the low bore axis. I switched from Glock to M&P and now back to GLock.

(Out of 10)

Ergonomics:
GLock -8
M&P-9
Walther 8

Trigger:
Glock-9
M&P-8
Walther-10

Muzzle flip/bore axis:
Glock- 9
M&P-9
Walther-7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
The fact of the matter is he wasn't trying to say these are the top three best polymer striker fired guns for him. He was saying these are the best three and here's why by making certain inaccurate and false statements. And while certain ranking is subjective, it's plain to see that the way the OP tried to grade the guns was from a personal perspective, not from an unbiased, information giving standpoint. He wasn't saying these are the best 3 striker fired handguns for me. He flat out and said these are the best 3 period and then biased the scoring based on what works for him (but not for MOST people) giving Glock points that are undeserved.

Why it really bothers me? Because someone who doesn't know any better may end up wasting $600 on a Glock to find out holy crap this gun doesn't fit in my hands at all. Or worse yet only think these 3 striker fired polymer pistols are the only ones worth looking at. If the OP came in and posted saying these are my top 3 favorite polymer striker fired pistols I couldn't give a flying **** less, but by blatantly stating these are the best period and defending his reasoning with false information is LYING (whether intentional or otherwise).

Hell there was hardly a review. Just a recap justifying why the OP thinks the Glock is better than everything else despite the fact that he had to inflate its scores in certain categories. An example of a good review would be something on par with Nutnfancy (regardless of what you think of him as a person, he does give unbiased reviews covering many aspects of the firearm) or those posted on http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com.
How the hell did you miss the part where the OP stated it was his opinion???

Yes, there are guys who will waste $600 on a Glock just because the Internet said they were AWESOMERR than everything else. Then there are guys like me, who waste even more money & and tons of time trying other guns, because guys like you say Glocks suck, only to find out that the Glock is actually the perfect handgun FOR ME...

Last edited by DRAB_81; 02-06-2013 at 4:56 PM..