View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I had 4 spinal surgeries during the course of my career; 3 fusions and one hardware removal. I was due to have a 3 level cervical fusion last year and chickened out last year. I'm tired of the pain.

I am fused from T12 to S1, which means I have no lumbar discs. That fact that you have had one surgery and want to enter le, may or not result in more. My doc said, since I continue to do the type of work that caused the discs to herniate, it became a domino effect. All of the stress goes to the disc above the fusion. I know if I had been able to return, I would have had another fusion since the two discs above T12 are bulging.

Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal. This can put undue stress on the nerves that run along the canal and cause more problems. A lifetime of pain is not worth it in my opinion. I should have switched over to the DA's office as an Investigator as I would have probably avoided all of he surgeries.

You may not end up like me, but I tell you this to give you something to think about.