View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
Same thing he did during Heller oral arguments. Have a listen for yourself, he is about the least confident person I have ever heard at SCOTUS oral arguments. This guy is no "rock star", he just got lucky, and had a great deal of amicus support. If you ever meet him you might ask him what would have happened had Sandra Day O'Connor not retired before Heller was heard. It was certainly not foreseeable when he filed his case.

I think most people that have actually studied the court realize what a disaster Heller would have been if that hadn't happened. Which of course is the reason the NRA hadn't filed a similar suit. The little known truth here is that thanks to Gura we nearly lost the RKBA forever. But, of course that isn't how history played out...
Gura writes brilliant briefs and I won't quibble about his court room arguments because I'm not qualified to do so. But I'm old enough to have watched politicians and the media use public statements like this to justify legislation as reasonable.

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation.

Disappointed Life Member: California Rifle & Pistol Association