View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 3:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Originally Posted by dls View Post
My Mom and Step Dad live in the Weiser area. with property on the Snake river and the other side of the little town.
They're general contractors, they stay very busy building homes, cabins, barns, remodels for lot's of Ca. transplants.

Too cold for me.
I have ended up stopping at the Weiser McDonald's every year on my annual drive north to Boomershoot in Orofino Idaho. Nice town, and friendly people.

1/3 of my reason for my annual trip to Idaho is Boomershoot itself (3 days of long-range explosive targets, duh!), 1/3 is the amazing views on the drive from Boise north on US 95 (as amazing as anything in Bavaria at the right time of year), and 1/3 is the gorgeous views of the Clearwater canyon on the drive down Cavendish Road to Orofino every afternoon from the shooting site. The only time I take off work every year is to go to Idaho, it's that spectacular. And people tell us it's even prettier further north.

I am sure there are equally amazing views in California, but I haven't encountered them yet. Even U.S. 1 doesn't compare IMO.

My wife and I are in California for the foreseeable future, but our eventual retreat/vacation/retirement home will be either in Oregon's Wallowa Valley or somewhere in Idaho.

NRA Life Member

Honorary Board Member, the Calguns Foundation
DONATE NOW to support the rights of California gun owners.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
Yes I'm an attorney. No, this post does not contain legal advice or opinion.
Read me@RNS