View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 8:41 PM
xjdesertfox's Avatar
xjdesertfox xjdesertfox is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pacoima, CA - Gang Capitol
Posts: 864
iTrader: 6 / 100%

Originally Posted by skeeter149 View Post
so if i do what it says on the dmv website...

How to notify DMV when I change my address

Law states that you must notify DMV within 10 days of changing your address. There is no charge to change your address, and you may notify DMV by any of the following ways:

Complete your change of address online.
Call any DMV office at 1 (800) 777-0133 and request that a change of address form be mailed to you. It will take 5 days for you to receive it. Complete the information required on the form, then mail it to the address listed at the top of the form.
Download the Change of Address form DMV 14, complete the information, and mail it to the address listed at the top of the form.
Visit any DMV office, complete a change of address form, and give it to a technician. The technician will give you a Change of Address Certificate card (DL 43) to complete and carry with your license.

If you do 2 or 3 above, type or write in ink your new address on a small piece of paper, sign and date it. Carry this piece of paper with your license. Do not tape or staple the change of address information to your driver license.

will that count? just making sure cause i have the newer license and recently bought a home last year.
I have this brown piece of paper and more than two FFL's have told me it is not valid as a proof of residency by itself, or accompanied by the ID.

Looks like I will get a state ID card, I'd rather use that instead of waiting on a new drivers license.
Reply With Quote