View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 3:30 PM
cburn cburn is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: patterson, and 209 area
Posts: 28
iTrader: 3 / 100%

Ok so just to be clear.

1. Any hand gun being transferred from mother to son that reside in 2 different states must do so threw an FFL dealer of the new owners state (in my case, Ca). Even if I sent in all the correct DOJ forms and paid the fees.

2. If the hand gun is not on the roster, she, (my mother) must fill out the correct forms along with a notarized letter stating that this hand gun is being gifted.

3. It is a Federal felony to cross state lines with a hand gun that is not registered in your name.

For the record. This hand gun, I believe, is on the roster. (Smith and Wesson model 19-3) revolver. This was a ca. police issued 357mag

So the easiest way to get this gun in my hands is to have her send it through an FFL dealer of my choice in ca. Then wait the 10 day period. Having the FFL dealer do the transfer.
Reply With Quote