Originally Posted by ke6guj
if your mom is now an NV resident, it is now federal felony for her to personally give you a firearm for you to take back to CA.
Living in Nevada does not necessarily make her a resident.
She may still be considered to be a California resident if she:
- has a California Driver's license
- filed taxes in for 2012 in California
- lived in California for the majority of the past 12 months
- owns a vehicle registered in California
- is registered to vote in California
- has accounts in California banks
- owns property
OP - if you Mom's move has been fairly recent she may still be legally considered a California Resident