View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
Hmm I don't have a PM7 to compare. I've seen posts where people have replaced their PM7's FLGR with the standard g.i. type setup which shouldnt work if your slide has some type of special shoulder (I would love to see a photo of that). Often on a FLGR you have a spring plug that is called a "reverse plug" and it is only removeable from the rear due to a shoulder on the reverse plug.

The good news is that you can get rid of that FLGR without consequence. (DW does not use a FLGR on their Valor model or CBOB's) You could either obtain replacement parts from DW or from a supplier like Ed Brown or Wilson.

I only use FLGR's on bull barrel 1911's that don't allow the use of a standard bushing.

Edit: did some more research. Some people claim that the issue with disassembly on the Pm7 is caused by the slide being slightly retracted while you try to depress the guide rod plug and turn the bushing. Using the safety to limit slide travel may still allow enough retraction to cause the guide rod to protrude too far forward. Having the slide removed by popping the slide stop out first should prevent that from happening or just ensure the slide is fully forward while trying to disassemble. Some people shorten their stock PM7 guide rod slightly and find it much easier to disassemble.
Thank you. I will do as you suggest. My biggest problem is that when depressing the spring and plug, that assembly will not go all the way down. It stops about 1/8" short of where it needs to be. I can not see what is the problem. Some wiggling sometimes will allow the spring/plug to go in further, but often, it just won't. The spring slides in easily enough as the does plug. But, under tension, it gets hung up every time, with me only able to dislodge it maybe 10% of the time. Kind of hard to examine closely with a spring-bomb held under my fingers.

UPDATE: The reason the plug was stopping 1/8" short was because I had the spring on backwards (loose fitting end over guide rod). I put the tight fitting end over the guide rod and and the plug depresses freely. Stupid on my part not making note of the fit when I took it apart. Still hard to hold down and apply a wrench, but did manage to do it. I will be happy when there is some wear and I can turn the barrel bushing by hand.

Phil

Last edited by Phil3; 01-27-2013 at 2:52 PM..