View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 5:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
The OP wanted something to filter water from a well at his house. So portability wasn't a big factor. But yes, the Sawyer Point Zero Two Purifier (SP191) requires a bucket or something similar to hold water.

If you want something for an indefinite bug-out using a backpack, use a Sawyer Complete Water Purifier System (SP194). It's good for 1,000,000 gallons.

If you want something small for a get-home-bag, use a Sawyer Squeeze Water Filtration System (SP131). It only weighs 3 ounces.

And if you don't think viruses are important in the US, think of the viruses that will appear out of nowhere with dead bodies all over the place in the aftermath of a SHTF scenario. The SP194 and SP191 will take care of those viruses.
Oh I know, the op just mentioned wanting portability that's why I wanted to make sure I understood how that particular Sawyer worked as I had looked into it at one point.

I'll have to look into SP194. Thanks for the tip.

I wouldn't mind having another big capacity filter for sure. Redundancy is important to me.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL