View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 4:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
Yeah those are interesting. Don't they have to be used with a bucket or some sort of large container? Like it wouldn't be ideal to take it hiking/camping becuase you can't filter directly from a stream, right? At least that's what I had thought. I hope I'm wrong.

They seem to be great for home use (where you have buckets and containers) but not so great if you are on the move with a pack and just want to fill your water bladder and go.

What are your thoughts/info on it?
The OP wanted something to filter water from a well at his house. So portability wasn't a big factor. But yes, the Sawyer Point Zero Two Purifier (SP191) requires a bucket or something similar to hold water.

If you want something for an indefinite bug-out using a backpack, use a Sawyer Complete Water Purifier System (SP194). It's good for 1,000,000 gallons.

If you want something small for a get-home-bag, use a Sawyer Squeeze Water Filtration System (SP131). It only weighs 3 ounces.

And if you don't think viruses are important in the US, think of the viruses that will appear out of nowhere with dead bodies all over the place in the aftermath of a SHTF scenario. The SP194 and SP191 will take care of those viruses.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater