View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 9:58 AM
Toolmaker Extraordinaire
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
I'll have seen firearms that were drenched in WD40 badly rusted a few days later.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Well I spray down my magnetic chuck with it after I use my grinder and I have never seen rust develop on it surface except when I forget to spray it down.
Like I said there is better stuff out there to use the WD40 but its not as bad as people try to make it out to be.

Gunsmithdan
My intent here is that with the proper precautions a conventional oil is just fine to use. This means washing your hands before and after servicing your firearms. Servicing them in an area that doesn't come into contact with a food source. And has good ventalation. This should be done with frog lube as well.
There is lead in copper, steel, aluminum, brass, and other metals that you are in contact with on your firearm. We won't get into the crazy crap they put in your glock frame as a flowing agent to mold the damn thing. Nor the chemicals used in the thermal set resins used on AR hand guards.
I just think its a huge over reaction. We could go back to using bear fat and olive oil????
The above statement i consider a term of endearment
Need prints for your build? Need reference materials for Gunsmithing projects, Click Here
I fear that even though as tough as life has been for me I have only begun to pay for my sins.
Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !