01-22-2013, 7:38 AM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal
Registration of Handguns is not required by law in CA. You bought the firearm legally before CA law required that all handgun sales go through a FFL and be recorded by the CA DOJ. There is no requirement that you have a receipt or proof of ownership. No one will ask to see your "Gun Registration."
# 26 How do I know if my firearms need to be registered?
There is no firearm registration requirement in California except for assault weapon owners and personal handgun importers. However, you may submit a Firearm Ownership Record to the DOJ for any firearm you own. Having a Firearm Ownership Record on file with the DOJ may help in the return of your firearm if it is lost or stolen. With very few and specific exceptions, all firearm transactions must be conducted through a firearms dealer.
It is unlawful for a minor to possess a handgun unless one of the following circumstances exists:
• the minor is accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian and the minor is actively engaged in a lawful recreational sporting, ranching, or hunting activity, or a motion picture, television, or other entertainment event;
• the minor is accompanied by a responsible adult and has prior written consent of his or her parent or legal guardian and is involved in one of the activities cited above; and
• the minor is at least 16 years of age, has prior written consent of his or her parent or legal guardian, and the minor is involved in one of the activities cited above.
It is unlawful for a minor to possess live ammunition unless one of the following circumstances exists:
• the minor has the written consent of his or her parent or legal guardian to possess live ammunition;
• the minor is accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian;
• the minor is actively engaged in, or is going to or from, a lawful recreational sport,
including, but not limited to, competitive shooting, or agricultural, ranching, or hunting activity, the nature of which involves the use of a firearm. (Penal Code § 12101.)
We are in the midst of the Second Great Obama Gun and Ammo Buying Frenzy. Normal supplies of ammunition are presently disrupted. Walmart is sometimes a good bet. Call your local Gun Shop to see what they have. If you spend a good deal of time online you might find something. Wadcutters might be more difficult to find than regular FMJ.
If you can't find any ammo please drop me a PM. I may have a box or two of .357 lying around here somewhere.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!