Look on the Ladies Forum, here on Calguns. There's a whole lot of info on how a woman should choose her gun, not limiting herself to small ones, etc. And real women telling about their own experiences.
Better yet, have your bride read it for herself.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY
• Do only safe sex. Never have sex with someone crazier than you are.
• Don't marry or move in together before you're both at least 25.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.