View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:06 PM

Option #243:
Take a couple of camping trips and scout out some nice locations you may want to bug out too.
Then go back and set up a few cache's in that area. That way if you need to abandon one vehicle, (I would take both) or even if you end up on foot, you will have some basics already in place.

"I know a guy" who along with his buddies have set up a few buried caches in and along the way to their bug out location.
A 30 gallon drum can hold months worth of rice and beans, a cooking pot, water filter, a ruger 10/22, 1K rounds of .22 a sidearm, a saw and enough tarps and nails etc, to create a decent shelter.

One thing I have learned from the guys on this forum is REDUNDANCY...Two is one and one is none.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post

I have always heard Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store...