View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 9:55 PM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
CGN Contributor
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,786
iTrader: 42 / 100%

Originally Posted by CalGunMom View Post
Family transfers can only be up or down, so not husband to wife. Father to son ok, grandmother to granddaughter ok, but not brother to sister. *shrug*
correct that a husband>wife transfer is not considered an intrafamily transfer, but it is considered an "operation of law transfer" that can be doine in the same manner as an intrafamily transfer.

note that the same form is used for op-law and intrafamily transfers, .

So, yes, movie zombie is correct in that the husband could go and buy the handgun and then gift it to his wife. she would then need to fill out the oplaw form and send it in.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote