View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM
araywest araywest is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Question Military non-resident gifted hand gun from out of state

After searching and searching I haven't been able to find a clear answer on my situation. So here it goes...

I would like to bring a handgun that my father purchased for me at my home state of Utah. I know in Utah he can gift me that hand gun and I would be set. My problem is the part of me bringing it back to California. Can I just drive there and say thanks with a big hug and a smile and bring it back?? Or do I have to have him ship it to a FFL in california to legally do that transfer.

Here are the details-

Gun glock 23 gen 4. (10 round mags only others would be dismantled for storage)
I'm not a CA resident
Active duty military living off base
28 years old

Other info.. I called the DOJ and was told that I could just go get it and bring it on in to the great state of CA without the high cap mags. He also said I didn't have to register it because im not a resident of CA. I don't really trust his word when I might have to tell a LEO that story when I have a gun that only he can get in cali.

Thanks to everyone who helps out.
Reply With Quote