View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 6:51 PM

here's the text of my email:

Dear Sirs and Maam,

I am writing this email to express my oppostion to the proposed gun sales ban that would effectively end the bi-annual Glendale Gun Show. I am a graduate student doing research in Los Angeles and a native Angelino currently residing in Glendale zip code *****. My family has been in the City of Glendale for close to a century as my grandfather Donald Orlando Weide was raised in Glendale by his parents Orlando Sanford Weide and Sylvia Althouse Weide during the early part of the 20th century, when the LA River was a fishable stream and the only major retailer in town was Sears Roebucks. In fact my grandfather who was a highly decorated WWII veteran learned to shoot in the Boy Scouts right here in the City of Glendale in the late 1920's.

I am appalled that some would seek to use the recent tragedy in Newtown Connecticut to advance an anti-2nd Amendment agenda. I am a gun owner and competitive shooter and the Glendale Gun Show provides a twice yearly opportunity for myself and persons who share my interest in shooting sports to gather and shop for supplies in a local venue. There has never been any violence associated with the show in the years and years the Glendale Gun Show has been running and there is absolutely no good reason to ban the show. It is a highly regulated event and brings much needed revenue to the City of Glendale.

If your council acts to ban the show please believe I will make every effort to oppose the candidacy of every council member who votes for a ban at the next election. While Glendale has changed significantly over the decades, this is one change I would vehemently oppose.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best,