View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 4:43 PM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is online now
Calguns Addict
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,518
iTrader: 15 / 100%

Originally Posted by winnre View Post
$600 for the gun, $5 for the tax stamp, $200 for the Trust.
The $5 tax stamp is for transfer.

When you make it into an AOW for the first time you need to file a form 1 and the fee for that is $200. Let's not forget the stuff you will need to make it an AOW; forward pistol grip for example. You will also need to have someone outside of CA do the work; add in their fee. Next you have to have it shipped to a CA Class 2 SOT for transfer; add in their fee. You now have a $1000; or more, Judge.

As for your $200 NFA Trust you can have it. There have been reports of people using Legal Zum type low cost services only to find that their NFA Trust has not been set up correctly. I've looked around and found the the people that really know how to do these trust are getting upwards of $1000.
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote