View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 5:55 PM

Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
One looming issue is the 'graying' of NRA membermship. We need to recruit far younger - and this doesn't mean just getting nonrenewed gunshow membership.
I was thinking about this the other day. The NRA is definitely effective as it is, but it could be much more effective by not alienating younger people. The same goes for the Republican party, but that's another story.

Personally I think the NRA needs a full makeover. Most people in my generation see the NRA as a bunch of gray bearded old men with evil looking black and gold NRA hats. I even had one young friend ask "is the NRA even relevant anymore?"

Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
80% of our younger shooters play Call of Duty on their Xbox and are perfectly nice people. Their reaction will be one of cross-generational puzzlement if this tack keeps being pushed.
After the NRA address, absolutely nobody on (a very prominent website for gaming news and discussion) was talking positively about the NRA. The whole address could have completely avoided being mentioned on that site, but instead the NRA demonized themselves.

Alan Gura is spot on with his statements. I couldn't have said it better. The libertarians have it right.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
SAF Committee of One Thousand

Last edited by Luieburger; 01-11-2013 at 6:00 PM..